What we missed this week | 5.3.13
TWiB! can’t get to every story, unless you want Elon to start yet another show. So, to make up for it, here is What We Missed This Week:
- A UC Berkeley study reveals that many lipsticks may contain toxic metals, but the study doesn’t say which ones.
- The suicide rate for those age 35-64 has jumped 28.4%, and the recession may be to blame.
- While people of color overall lost wealth during the recession, Latinos lost the most.
- Cécile Kyenge was appointed Minister of Integration in Italy, and racists immediately revealed themselves.
- The GOP agenda in North Carolina includes establishing a state religion, forcing domestic violence victims to go through counseling before a divorce, and introducing voter suppression laws. When Black preachers decided to protest with prayer, they got arrested.
- Watch this footage of Black plantation workers playing baseball over a century ago.
Filed Under: African-American Preachers, baseball, black ministers, Elimination of Black Wealth, Georgia, GOP agenda, Great Recession, Italy, Latinos, lipstick, North Carolina, Racism, study, suicide rate, twib-ce-pending-image