Morning Links Round Up | 3.8.13
- Eric Holder issued a response to Rand Paul’s filibuster. Just when you thought our politicians couldn’t get any more passive aggressive toward each other . . .
- Remember the story of the Emerson fraternity who paid for their brother’s reassignment surgery? Turns out the school insurance can pay after all. So what did the brothers do with the nearly $18,000 they raised? They’re donating it to the Jim Collins Foundation which provides financial assistance for transgender patients. Sure beats an elephant walk.
- Former President Bill Clinton is calling for an end to the Defense of Marriage Act, the very act he signed into law in 1996. Hey, we all make mistakes.
- Canada’s glaciers could shrink by 20% by the end of the century causing the Earth to warm up as much as 5.4 degrees Fahrenheit. Go hug a polar bear while you still can.
- A Hudson Valley police officer assigned to a high school accidentally discharged his gun on school grounds. And the NRA says . . .
Did you see something that you think folks should check out? Drop a link in the comments and we’ll check it out for our evening links!